Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, soulpope said:

The cover art used by Enja for their german vinyl and CD releases .... but - regardless of the cover art - this is simply terrific music ....

I´ll never forget how it was presented on radio by the legendary Herwig Wurzer (the austrian Symphony Sid;)). The most fascinating song was Saga Sekorame. Herwig also presented another album of Dusko Goykovich where I remember that he played a fantastic version of "Those are the days" or somehow like that, but I couldn´t find that album or it was OOP and terribly expensive....

24 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I´ll never forget how it was presented on radio by the legendary Herwig Wurzer (the austrian Symphony Sid;)). The most fascinating song was Saga Sekorame. Herwig also presented another album of Dusko Goykovich where I remember that he played a fantastic version of "Those are the days" or somehow like that, but I couldn´t find that album or it was OOP and terribly expensive....

"Remember Those Days" released on his 4tet album "After Hours" (Enja 2020) in 1971 .... ?

21 minutes ago, soulpope said:

"Remember Those Days" released on his 4tet album "After Hours" (Enja 2020) in 1971 .... ?

Yes, right, that´s the album. Beautiful what I heard. I think Herwig played 2 tunes from that album. That´s were I first heard and loved Dusko Goykovich´s beautiful sound. A wonderful trumpet player.

6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I think this is almost my favourite Donald Byrd recordings, it´s my idea of a perfect hard bop album, and both Byrd and McLean are fantastic, and the rhythm section also. And I love the tunes.

Donald Byrd made very much albums and I think the ones  I like most are this one "Fuego", "Off the Races" and that double album with Pepper Adams I think at Half Note.....

Hard for me to pick a single favorite.  I have noticed that I'm drawn to Byrd's records with Duke Pearson: Fuego, Byrd in Flight, At the Half Note, The Cat Walk, and Electric Byrd.

Not that some of the others without Pearson aren't great too. ;) 

Edited by HutchFan