• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow!  That was great!  This was the Louis Armstrong i knew as a kid.  I knew nothing about him, but whenever he showed up as a guest on some TV variety show, I was glued to the screen with a huge smile on my face.  Funny how the same thing happened again today.  Louis is looking sharp and he sounds in good shape both instrumentally and vocally.  The video and audio quality is terrific for 50 year old tape; thank you, BBC.  I'd never really paid attention to Jewel Brown before.  She was good.  Whatever became of her?

Jewel Brown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_Brown

1 hour ago, duaneiac said:

Wow!  That was great!  This was the Louis Armstrong i knew as a kid.  I knew nothing about him, but whenever he showed up as a guest on some TV variety show, I was glued to the screen with a huge smile on my face.  Funny how the same thing happened again today.  Louis is looking sharp and he sounds in good shape both instrumentally and vocally.  The video and audio quality is terrific for 50 year old tape; thank you, BBC.  I'd never really paid attention to Jewel Brown before.  She was good.  Whatever became of her?

Freeze the video at 46:03/04 and contemplate that magnificent visage!