• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been an in-law event weekend, haven't listened too much but everything that I have listened to sounds great!

Have spun:

Duke Ellington "Piano in the Foreground"
Milles Davis "Collecter's Items"
Stan Getz & Chet Baker "Stockholm Concert" Disc 3
Lou Donaldson "Midnight Sun"
Milt Jackson "Bag's Opus"
Walt Dickerson "Lawrence of Arabia"

And now playing:

Woody Shaw "Live in Basel 1980" disc 1
Edited by jazzbo

maxresdefault.jpg

Noticed a few days ago that was up (back up?) on the Mosaic as a Mighty Quinn Last Chance. Might still be. If so, carpe diem if so inclined, it's a swell little record!

My bad, not Last Chance. Running Low: http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=QUINP03

And shit, no wonder this slipped me by for so long - they're calling it a "Mosaic Single" on the item page but it's not, it's a Mighty Quinn disc.So when you look for actual Mosaic Singles, you won't see any except that Ruby Braff one.

ANYWAY....there it is, while it lasts.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Noticed a few days ago that was up (back up?) on the Mosaic as a Mighty Quinn Last Chance. Might still be. If so, carpe diem if so inclined, it's a swell little record!

My bad, not Last Chance. Running Low: http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=QUINP03

And shit, no wonder this slipped me by for so long - they're calling it a "Mosaic Single" on the item page but it's not, it's a Mighty Quinn disc.So when you look for actual Mosaic Singles, you won't see any except that Ruby Braff one.

ANYWAY....there it is, while it lasts.

Even better -- for Lady Q and overall -- is "For Basie." Shad Collins! And Walter Page!
Was this Page's final recording? Could have been. Page passed on Dec. 20, 1957; "For Basie" was recorded on Oct. 18, 1957.

Yeah, I got those OJCs (the one you mention and Basie Reunion) a few years ago and like them very much. And they are better overall.

This Mighty Quinn thing thouh (originally on United Artists) was totally off may radar, and it's certainly pretty good. I'm happy that I found it before it disappeared.

Is Jo Jones on any sucky records, even just one?