• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Jack Teagarden "Texas Trombone--Live!" Star Productions cd

51c%2Bq5Q8YCL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Not fantastic sound but if you crank it it delivers!

..but it delivers what?  Long career, lots of options...  Big band, sideman, small groups?  Always interested in Big T, but don't know this one.

4 minutes ago, Ted O'Reilly said:

..but it delivers what?  Long career, lots of options...  Big band, sideman, small groups?  Always interested in Big T, but don't know this one.

Delivers great jazz music. Small group, 7/27/58, Seattle WA. Jackson with Dick Oakley, Jerry Fuller, Don Ewell, Stan Puls and Ronny Grebs.

1 hour ago, colinmce said:

I love it personally, there's really nothing else quite like it. I think Doyle & Glover acquit themselves well, but Graves is, unsurprisingly, the key to what holds the whole thing together; if you listen for what he's doing polyrhythmically and how he's driving the momentum of the playing and shifting the textures & topography of the music with both his instrument and his body, it begins to make perfect sense, at least to me. I find it incredibly exciting. 

I think there may have been footage of this,or similar, in the recent Graves documentary. Certainly looked very exciting. I do like 'Meditation Among us' which is of a similar vintage

2 hours ago, kinuta said:

Image result for miles davis blackhawk

Haven't played this for ages.

Sounds great, positively popping out of the speakers.

Same here, haven´t played ot for many many years if not decades. Nice idea for listening to it again, especially as now there´s so much discussion about the Miles-Hank Mobley relations. I think I remember I paid very much attention to what Mobley played.

27 minutes ago, Clunky said:

Good album. I’ve got the second cover on my copy.

In fact this is just yet another of my unsuccessful periodic attempts to understand and enjoy this type of music... It bores me to death! ;)

Edited by EKE BBB