So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

MI0001063075.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Enjoyable performances, with a set list that ranges from the "1812 Overture" to "Someone's Rocking My Dreamboat" (due to early childhood exposure, that is a song I will always hear sung in the voice of Bugs Bunny) to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and since this tour of Japan took place in Dec. of 2000, there are also a few Christmas carols which are a little odd to hear as we approach the 4th of July.

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm giving the drummers some.

Elvin Jones "Merry Go Round" Blue Note Japan 80th Anniversary reissue cd.

jones_elvin_merrygoro_101b.jpg

Followed by
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers "At the Jazz Corner of the World, Vol. 1" Blue Note Japan 80th Anniversary reissue cd.

R-4786237-1425049472-5636.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

812HOKNbZoL._SY495_.jpg

I have the same ! Really a great collection. It´s interesting how Diz sounded on the earlier big band stuff and on the 1949 stuff he tried to reach a bigger audience I think, with more vocals and funny tunes like "Hey Pete, let´s eat more meat".

And I think it was the first time, I heard that mistery "Metronome All Stars" . Until then I had seen only a picture of that all star summit.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

91Dc1GKnpjL._SX355_.jpg

Greg will be appearing again at the Swanage Fest in a couple of weeks time - looking forward to that.

On the same tour local jazz presenter Graham Brook is pitting him against Gilad Atzmon. That should be some gig, providing of course that that those out to stop Gilad's appearances don't get there first!

12 hours ago, Ted O'Reilly said:

An Amazon review of this package says "Very poor reproduction. Sound distorted off key- waste of money- don't buy."  What do you say?

12 hours ago, gmonahan said:

The single review of this on Amazon says there's lots of distortion, and the sound sucks. Curious as to whether you agree??

gregmo

This is not the best sound we have heard but to my ears, the sound in reasonable. The music wins and I cant say that the reproduction is poor.

Edited by B. Goren.