Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

image.jpg?c=_TA_MXYsdF-Rs8t4QYlAdz6KsMtt

My little girl trying to sing along with Ayler's echoey introduction to 'New Ghosts' and dancing to 'Heart Love' just made my morning.  I hadn't listened to this one in several years.  I liked it before and can appreciate it even more recognizing Ayler's influences and influence.

Edited by Justin V

Re-listened this morning to the 80th Anniversary Blue Note Japan cd Leo Parker "Rollin' with Leo" because it sounded so nice and mellow yesterday.

5099926514055_600.jpg

Now on to another 80th Anniversary Blue Note Japan cd, Art Blakey "Holiday for Skins, Vol. 1" -- a stereo percussion spectacular.

MI0002095290.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

10 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Cliff_Craft.jpg

New cd from Japan

On 23.7.2019 at 11:46 PM, erwbol said:

R-13530113-1555950862-8571-jpeg.jpg

Sonny Rollins Newk's Time (Blue Note 75th anniversary SHM-CD)

From all BN albums Rollins made, THIS ONE is my favourite. And one of the highlights is the Rollins Philly J.J. duo "Surrey with the Fringe on Top". 

Cliff Craft is my favourite Cliff Jordan from his three CDs he did for BN. I also have the japanes edition Card Board cover, I never saw an else edition and even in the early 2000´s when we still had CD Shops, most BN where RVG-Editions, but this one allways was a more expensive japanese edition. 

5 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

R-2103484-1328722123.jpeg.jpg

All of Herbies albums for BN are great. Maybe this one is the hardest to listen to, being without horns . Quite a strange thing. I doubt it sold as well as did "Cantaloupe Island" with Hubbard  or "Mayden Voyage" with both Hubbard and George Coleman.