Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a delightful album this is!

And with a band like this, it's no surprise!

Bass – Leonard Gaskin Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone – Bob Wilber  Drums – Don Lamond Electric Guitar – Mundell Lowe  Piano – Hank Jones, Marty Napoleon  Trombone – Vic Dickenson  Trumpet – Emmett Berry, Ruby Braff Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Roy Eldridge 

Edited by duaneiac

About Grant Green´s "The Latin Bit". It´s interesting how they used Grant Green for so many different Projects , like this latin stuff, than the Western stuff and the "Feelin the Spirit", all of them are nice Albums but I think those that will be spinned most time at least in my case will remain "Idle Moments" and "Solid"

5 minutes ago, BillF said:

MMBLP-1542-2.jpg?1383688883

It´s interesting how Sonny Rollins´ tenure with BN was quite short. Just one year I think.  This Album seems to have been overlooked. It´s a good solid hard bop Album, but I think that from 1956 his Prestige Albums "Tenor Madness" and "Saxophone Collossus" got more Attention. 

I think, that this BN "Vol. 1" was recorded shortly after Clifford Brown´s and Richie Powell´s death, so Maybe it was quite hard for Rollins and Roach to continue…..

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

It´s interesting how Sonny Rollins´ tenure with BN was quite short. Just one year I think.  This Album seems to have been overlooked. It´s a good solid hard bop Album, but I think that from 1956 his Prestige Albums "Tenor Madness" and "Saxophone Collossus" got more Attention. 

I think, that this BN "Vol. 1" was recorded shortly after Clifford Brown´s and Richie Powell´s death, so Maybe it was quite hard for Rollins and Roach to continue…..

Beautiful album which I've known for many decades.

And now, something I've never heard before!

Tubby-Hayes-Quartet-Grits-Beans-Greens.j