• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listened to portions of six Bethlehem cds, two from Verse, and four from Solid Records Japan, three titles in duplicate and decided which to keep and which go on the sales pile. They were the Bethlehems from Dexter Gordon, Nina Simone and Mal Waldron.

Then listened to this very nice Evidence cd:

Bobby Hutcherson "Farewell Keystone"
220px-Farewell_Keystone.jpg

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Your impressions .... ?

Prime Tubby. Sensational technical command by this stage and no sign yet of the health-induced decline of later years.

Unlike some recently discovered live material, this studio date has superb sound.

Edited by BillF

1 hour ago, BillF said:

Prime Tubby. Sensational technical command by this stage and no sign yet of the health-induced decline of later years.

Unlike some recently discovered live material, this studio date has superb sound.

Thnx .... sounds mouthwatering to say the least ....

1 hour ago, BillF said:

It should be - it was a planned Fontana studio recording release, until ‘The Orchestra’ was put out to mark a change of direction and - I guess - hopes for a more popular market (MOR, the ‘Studio 2’ set etc.).

I haven’t heard this one yet - saving myself for the 11LP set, whenever that one surfaces..

R-9683541-1484706861-8909.jpeg.jpg

This has been getting a lot of play since I picked it up two weeks ago.  It looks like I'll need to get at least the twofer of Monk and Coltrane's 1957 sessions to get the rest.  Lord knows what is included in the various versions of the Monk box and whether they use the mono takes included on this disc.