• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listened to this one again, Jimmy Smith with Stanley Turrentine, Prayer Meetin'--the new cd from Blue Note Japan. Wow.
B0001CLZPQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Followed by Peggy Connelly Peggy Connelly on Bethlehem, Verse Music Group cd. Nice band and arrangements but overall. .. meh.
peggy-connelly-images.jpg

Finally, Lonnie Smith, Live at Club Mozambique, a Blue Note Rare Groove cd.
0000116602_500.jpg

7 hours ago, erwbol said:

:tup The music is of course genius, but the sound is surprisingly good as well (for a home recording).

Not that surprising at all. The person doing the "home recording" was Ray Heindorf, music director at Warner Bros. One would think that Heindorf's home would have rather sophisticated recording equipment in place.

FA1D4FCB-83FA-40D6-A33C-6CE3039912E8.jpeg.9f53684609603c053cb3fb6f64b88b50.jpg

Since this was the first Ornette Coleman Album I could purchase, it allways will have a Special meaning . It was my first "guide" to so called "free jazz" and anyway it´s easy listenin free jazz since Maybe on Alfred Lions insistence they had to Play also some swing pieces like you see on "Good Old Days" . 

And for the difference of others I allways found Ornettes violin playing quite good and interesting. I don´t have classical trained ears and a violin for my own happiness must not Sound like Mozart or Beethoven. But here it sounds like the stuff some 20th century classical compositions from Eastern Europe, mostly from Hungary did it, I think Gyorgye Ligeti was his Name. 

Unbenannt.png