• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, sidewinder said:

500x500.jpg

(Candid) - I was in the audience one of the 2 nights this was recorded. Not that many in the club and Alan Bates’ recording team was a couple of tables away.

Giovanni Hidalgo on fire ! The two tenors were David Sanchez and Peter Brainin and I was pleased to see that Brainin is still active on the NYC scene at Smalls etc.

:tup:tup -- For both the disc and your "on location" reporting! :)

10 hours ago, soulpope said:

Henderson.png

8 hours ago, erwbol said:

An album with this much audience noise should never have been released.

I've never felt that way about this recording, where the audience provides enthusiastic applause at appropriate times (and deservedly so!).  I think this album was the first I heard with Joe Henderson and Al Foster and I have enjoyed returning to it over the years.  It is musically strong enough to have been released even if the sound quality had been far worse, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Justin V said:

I've never felt that way about this recording, where the audience provides enthusiastic applause at appropriate times (and deservedly so!).  I think this album was the first I heard with Joe Henderson and Al Foster and I have enjoyed returning to it over the years.  It is musically strong enough to have been released even if the sound quality had been far worse, in my opinion.

I'm not talking about applause. It sounds like it was recorded on a lung cancer ward with all that coughing.

3 hours ago, erwbol said:

I'm not talking about applause. It sounds like it was recorded on a lung cancer ward with all that coughing.

If coughing is concerned my "suffering capabilty" is much (much !!)  lower in classic music concerts .... regarding the Montreal recording believe its simply good having the music available ....

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

If coughing is concerned my "suffering capabilty" is much (much !!)  lower in classic music concerts .... regarding the Montreal recording believe its simply good having the music available ....

A note of warning on the cover would have been appreciated. As it stands I have waisted my money and the local landfill is one piece of plastic richer.

3 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

36596578ha.jpg

I have one of these - all are unique, different records ..... I'm glad the music on mine doesn't interest me!

A challenge for any turntable ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now playing:

81fWctGKl0L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by mikeweil

14 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

I have one of these - all are unique, different records ..... I'm glad the music on mine doesn't interest me!

A challenge for any turntable ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually this one was made by an acquaintance of my office colleague (she was given a couple because she had donated a handful of unwanted LPs as "raw material" :lol:). So it's a strictly homemade affair. But the principle must be known. The girl in Vienna who makes the handbags as shown in the other photograph also has a few bowls in this style among her range of products.