• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally had a day to myself after a week of Lucy being off work and full of first anxiety and then grief over her sister's hospitalization and passing. Sigh. It's tough. We're both now at an age where family members and friends are leaving us. It's something you don't want to get used to.

I had an issue with one silver wire I use as a jumper to connect the ribbon tweeters on my speakers and replaced an internet bought cryo treated silver wire with Duelund silver hookup wire on both speakers, which made a subtle and interesting difference to the sound. It was a task necessarily done carefully and a bit stressfully, but I got it done. So I listened to a few cds that I know very well to assess the sound:

Antonio Carlos Jobim "Stone Flower" CTI Supreme Series Blu-Spec CD from Japan
Carmen McRae "Carmen Sings Monk" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 from Japan

Then I listened to:

Serge Chaloff "Blue Serge" TOCJ cd from Japan
Duke Ellington "Soul Call" Verve Universal cd from Japan
Keith Jarrett Trio "Bye Bye Blackbird" ECM cd

What a relief it was to have music playing disc after disc. Couldn't chronicle it as it happened as I had a lap dog rather than a laptop. . . .

Two completly different things, but I love to hear one stuff and then go into another direction...

Download.jpg

Download (1).jpg

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Anmerkung-2019-09-07-152804.jpg

Worth the ticket of entry alone for the fabulous performance of "You Got To Have Freedom" ....

One of my favourites of Pharoah Sanders. I heard him first at Hollabrunn near Vienna in 1985 with his quartet