• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diz with his fantastic touring band from that period. With the really fast Rodney Jones g, the legendary Benjamin Franklin Brown on el- b and the great Mickey Roker on dr . A typical live set where they really stretch out. I like especially the live Version of "Unicorn" from the then recent album "Free Ride", "Brother K." and of course the great "Night in Tunisia" with Leo Wright as special guest. 

During that time, Dizzy toured quite much with his working quartet, I later heard them with Ed Cherry, Mike Howell and veteran groover J.C. Heard and they were great. 

Unbenannt.png

And again Diz. A great encounter ! I think this was one of the first collaborations between Mr. Sandoval and Mr. Gillespie. Of Course I saw Mr. Sandoval also on later occasions, when Diz in later years often featured great fellow trumpetists when it became to hard for him to carry the load alone. 

Of course, the younger trumpet players had better chops then Dizzy past 60, but if you listen close, it´s pure Diz and he keeps the bop flame. I like to listen to every aspect of his music, Diz forever. 

And of Course, also a great latterday Studio date by Dexter, another favourite of mine. 

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Gheorghe