• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

I'd love to have that set. :tup

I’ve been after it for a while and Ray’s Jazz this afternoon had 2 copies. Picked it up, together with the Mingus Strata Box. :)

I recommend this Nucleus box. Pretty good deal to have 9 LPs on 6 CDs, the booklet is quite nice too with a good essay by Sid Smith, original cover art and some interesting photos and cuttings. Fellow board member RogerF gets a credit too.

Edited by sidewinder

14 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Picked it up, together with the Mingus Strata Box. :)

There's an extra alternate take of Pithecanthropus Erectus that's only available as a download on Bandcamp. If you buy the box set there you get both the FLACs and the CDs for the same price I payed at the local record store. I was pretty pissed off when I found out. That extra track could have easily fit, plenty of playing time left. 

Edited by erwbol

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I’ve been after it for a while and Ray’s Jazz this afternoon had 2 copies. Picked it up, together with the Mingus Strata Box. :)

I recommend this Nucleus box. Pretty good deal to have 9 LPs on 6 CDs, the booklet is quite nice too with a good essay by Sid Smith, original cover art and some interesting photos and cuttings. Fellow board member RogerF gets a credit too.

I like the Nucleus box too!