Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Bobby Hutcherson (with Joey Defrancesco and David Sanborn) "Enjoy the View" Blue Note cd

CS539379-01B-BIG.jpg

I'd enjoy this one more if there were a different drummer; Billy Hart just doesn't do it for me here.

Very nearly bought that one the other day. One of the few things by Bobby that I don’t have in one form or another !

48 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Bobby Hutcherson (with Joey Defrancesco and David Sanborn) "Enjoy the View" Blue Note cd

CS539379-01B-BIG.jpg

I'd enjoy this one more if there were a different drummer; Billy Hart just doesn't do it for me here.

:o I saw Hart with DeFrancesco last year and enjoyed it immensely.  It was in Pittsburgh with a super group that also included Andy Bey, J.D. Allen, Tineke Postma, Ingrid Jensen, Sean Jones, Orrin Evans, Mark Whitfield and Reginald Veal.  The University of Pittsburgh's jazz seminar concert is an annual must-see event. :tup

Now playing:

R-13540213-1556143678-6199.jpeg.jpg

I need more Rusty Bryant in my life.  

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

CS539379-01B-BIG.jpg

Funny how we all hear things differently!  Any misgivings I have about this record are due to the saxophonist.  Sanborn just seems like as an odd choice.

Billy Hart, on the other hand, can do no wrong -- on this record or anywhere else. 

Just my P.O.V., of course. ;) 

alb7.jpg

Joshua Breakstone - Japanese Songs: I purchased this after catching Breakstone's Blakey tribute on Tuesday.  I chose this album because of Al Harewood, whose subtle, swinging drumming meshes well with Breakstone and Earl Saul's work.  I'll have to check out more of Breakstone's discography, as he is a thoughtful player who chooses substance over flash and keeps heavy company.