• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Marzz said:

Nice!

I really like their earlier one, inspired me to play it now, 

Hear In Now (Mazz Swift, Tomeka Reid and Silvia Bolognesi) (2012) (Rudi Records)

Hear-in-Now-Mazz-Sw-ift-Tomeka-Reid-Silv

Thanks, was not aware of an earlier recording. Will certainly check it out. Hopefully, there will be future releases as well.

It was done a short time before I saw him live in summer 1979 . 

We had a great record dealer in Vienna. He knew us, knew who was where, so he told me "you were at the Velden Festival and saw Ron Carter...…. here this his latest stuff". I was blessed I was led to good music having such great occasions to purchase all those fantastic albums and play music myself…….

Here he has a stellar quartet…...just Incredible with Joe Henderson, Chick Corea and Tony Williams and the quartet augmented with horns, among them Jon Faddis, Urbie Green, Frank Wess......

And all the tunes a really great, and dig "Motherless Child" just Ron with the horns...…….

And Sonny Rollins: Same Thing, was on the Festival schedule, and recorded this fantastic Album just a few weeks before. An Incredible great Encounter with Larry Corryell, who also was on the Festival. 

Those two Albums reflect the days when all those Living legends played and recorded so you could currently pick up what they did …...

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Gheorghe

19 hours ago, Misterioso said:

Thanks, was not aware of an earlier recording. Will certainly check it out. Hopefully, there will be future releases as well.

I really hope so as well. 

The earlier cd seems to be difficult to find here, though I think downloads are available. I stumbled on it ages ago in a second-hand store (actually it was Dixons - I note you're from sunny Melbourne!!) Bolognesi has a few releases on Bandcamp if you're interested (and don't already know). The Tomeka Reid solo releases are wonderful. You probably have this?

http://www.thirstyear.com/albums/tomeka-reid-quartet/

If you haven't seen this, here's a few reviews for the earlier Hear In Now album - scroll to the bottom of the page,

http://www.rudirecords.com/albums/125-hear-in-now

Edited by Marzz

5 minutes ago, Marzz said:

I really hope so as well. 

The earlier cd seems to be difficult to find here, though I think downloads are available. I stumbled on it ages ago in a second-hand store (actually it was Dixons - I note you're from sunny Melbourne!!) Bolognesi has a few releases on Bandcamp if you're interested (and don't already know).

If you haven't seen this, here's a few reviews for the earlier Hear In Now album - scroll to the bottom of the page,

http://www.rudirecords.com/albums/125-hear-in-now

Thanks again, the CD is indeed hard to find. Will look for it on discogs from time to time. You were lucky to find it locally.