• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the George Adams-Don Pullen Group in 1980 and was very impressed. They played a lot from this album, and the tune that impressed me most was and is Don Pullen´s "Double Arc Jake"...…., there was also the shouted blues done by George Adams. 

As much as I remember, they also played Pullen´s "Newcomer" and announced it as a tune they recorded with Mingus (Mingus Moves). 

Unbenannt.png

Various Artists - Swing Guitars

Barney Kessel, Jim Wyble (guitar) Morty Corb (bass) Shelly Manne (drums) Los Angeles, CA, July 23, 1952 810-5 Heat Wave 811-2 East Of The Sun 812-8 All The Things You Are 813-8 Crazy Rhythm

Carl Perkins (piano) Oscar Moore (guitar) Joe Comfort (bass) George Jenkins (drums) Los Angeles, CA, April 22, 1955 2314-6 Sonny Boy 2315-10 Beautiful Moons Ago 2316-3 A Foggy Day 2317-1 Oscar's Blues

Claude Williamson (piano) Tal Farlow (guitar) Red Mitchell (bass) Stan Levey (drums) Los Angeles, CA, April 25, 1955 2318-2 Lullaby Of The Leaves 2319-1 Stompin' At The Savoy 2320-4 This Is Always 2321-7 Tea For Two