Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic ! 

With Chick Corea, and Tony Dumas/Peter Erskine - Richard Davis/Tony Williams alternating. 

This was in 1978 about the time I saw Joe Henderson live for the first time. 

I remember I became a big fan of Joe Henderson from the first moment I saw him live on TV (yeah, things like this were possible in the 70´s, it was a San Francisco Concert 1977, the bass player I remember was Ratso Harris, the others was a young guitar player and a young drummer.........). 

That´s were I remember I heard Henderson´s "Recorda Me" and fell in love with it. I think I played Recorda Me very often on jam sessions here in Vienna.......

Download (1).jpg

15 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Do you mean the mix is poor?  Or some other aspect of production?  

I think the mix is inconsistent, and maybe in a few cases the performances sound rushed or otherwise not totally relaxed. I get that this was not going to be a really stretched out date, but the last two cuts are just ZONED, whereas a few of the others sound like maybe another take wouldn't have hurt, to maybe get a better flow. Then again, time/place/budget/etc.

Not complaining, mind you, just observing. This is not a typical Black & Blue date to begin with anyway, and I'm glad they made it, period.

5 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think the mix is inconsistent, and maybe in a few cases the performances sound rushed or otherwise not totally relaxed. I get that this was not going to be a really stretched out date, but the last two cuts are just ZONED, whereas a few of the others sound like maybe another take wouldn't have hurt, to maybe get a better flow. Then again, time/place/budget/etc.

Not complaining, mind you, just observing. This is not a typical Black & Blue date to begin with anyway, and I'm glad they made it, period.

I hear you. There's definitely an "off the cuff" vibe. ... Need to pull that one out and give it another listen.