Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ORIG.2-300x297.jpeg

I own more Hart than I thought, with 3 leader dates, 1 date co-led with Roy Hargrove and one as part of the Jazz Futures collective.  As with many young lions from that time, being on record labels with good distribution led to some bargain-bin finds for me 15-20 years later.

At any rate, I hadn't spent a lot of time with his records, but pulled this one out prior to seeing him this upcoming Saturday.  You have to love a young alto player having the moxie to bring in Gary Bartz for an alto duel.  It's a shame that he hasn't recorded much in recent years, as he is a strong mainstream player.

His group this Saturday will include Robin Eubanks and Freddie Hendrix.  I'm looking forward to hearing what he does with that front line.  :)

21 hours ago, JSngry said:

I put it in the car yesterday and expect to be through it by the time I get home from work today. Amazon is supposed to have it here today/tonight, so I'm just going to put it right back in the car and take up where I left off, more or less.

Looking forward to hearing some life put into it, or more accurately, recovered from it. I know it's there...

Amazon delivered around 9:30 last night, so plan executed. I like that I can feel Baby Dodds' wood block. More music there than in many other things combined!

11 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Amazon delivered around 9:30 last night, so plan executed. I like that I can feel Baby Dodds' wood block. More music there than in many other things combined!

Although I generally hate buying the same music again, Off the Record does such a great job and I only paid $1 for a Jazz Heritage version of the Milestone reissue.  With this music, I think I'd regret not plunking down the cash for what should be the definitive reissue.