• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listening right now to the BGO cd reissue of Miroslav Vitous "The Bass" (aka "Mountain in the Clouds")

bass.jpg

Before that I listened to. . .

Antonio Carlos Jobim on the BGO cd reissue that combines "Tide" and "Stone Flower." I have other versions of these but at a great price I couldn't resist a reissue with both these albums--collaborations between Jobim and Deodata--on one disc. The remastered sound is very good. These are among my favorite Jobim albums; I love the way that Deodata has arranged these two sessions, and it's great to have Tom and Eumir both on guitars and pianos, either both playing the same instruments on a track or one playing another. I think my favorites are when both play pianos, or one plays an electric piano and one a piano.

BGOCD1338-600x600.jpg

And I had listened to an album that took me forever to get that was recommended to me as a Jobim nut. It's not a cheap one to get, and my first order I waited and waited for and it never arrived. I contacted the seller and he refunded me the money--I'm not really sure he ever really sent it to me. The second order was processed and then a week later the seller refunded my purchase price saying he didn't have it in stock. Finally I ordered a third time and received it. It was worth the wait.  Daniele di Bonaventura/Giovanni Ceccarelli "Eu Te Amo--The Music of Tom Jobim"

cover-cd-Eu-te-Amo-1024x1024.jpg

Daniele di Bonaventura bandoneon
Giovanni Ceccarelli pianoforte
special guests:
Ivan Lins
Jaques Morelembaum
Camille Bertault
Edited by jazzbo

Sparked IIRC by a post by Jim Sangrey, I'm enjoying this one a lot. It has a flavor all its own. Particularly nice choice of pieces -- by Thad Jones, Joe Henderson, Ellington's (or is it Strayhorn's, I forget) "The Star-Crossed Lovers," etc. Elvin plays a prominent inspiring role.

71pw7YkYSDL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

I like Mickey Tucker's "Sojourn" but didn't mean to post this many images of it.

Sojourn_(album).jpgSojourn_(album).jpgSojourn_(album).jpgSojourn_(album).jpgSojourn_(album).jpg

Sojourn_(album).jpg