• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been doing a lot of audiophile futzing (much to my dachshund's chagrin) but also a lot of excellent listening.

Re-listening to Hubert Laws recently has me investigating quite a few of my old "stoner jazz" favorites and then I've found a few new ones that would fall into that category.

Yesterday I listened to the Return to Forever on ECM (Japanese SHM-CD), then Keith Jarrett "Treasure Island" (Impulse, from one of the two box sets of this material), then Weather Report "Sweetnighter" from the first box set of their entire output.  Then I followed up with this one which has echoes of Weather Report to me as well as other fusions--love it:

Omar Sosa & NDR Big Band "Es: Sensual"

Omar_Sosa_EsSensual.jpg

Then I followed the Jacques Morelenbaum trail and listened to this one, new to me and I think fantastic:

Myriam Alter, "Where is There"

where-is-there1.jpg

Today I continued on a bit of a fusion bend with a ringer of a Jackie & Roy album, on Japanese CTI Supreme series Blu-Spec cd, "A Wilder Alias," and now I'm on to more of a classic jazz vein with the 12th cd in the "Complete Bill Evans on Verve" box set, Bill with Gomez and Philly Joe.

The system is sounding great. . . and I'm really enjoying the listening.

Edited by jazzbo

34 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Been doing a lot of audiophile futzing (much to my dachshund's chagrin) but also a lot of excellent listening.

Re-listening to Hubert Laws recently has me investigating quite a few of my old "stoner jazz" favorites and then I've found a few new ones that would fall into that category.

Yesterday I listened to the Return to Forever on ECM (Japanese SHM-CD), then Keith Jarrett "Treasure Island" (Impulse, from one of the two box sets of this material), then Weather Report "Sweetnighter" from the first box set of their entire output.  Then I followed up with this one which has echoes of Weather Report to me as well as other fusions--love it:

Omar Sosa & NDR Big Band "Es: Sensual"

Omar_Sosa_EsSensual.jpg

Then I followed the Jacques Morelenbaum trail and listened to this one, new to me and I think fantastic:

Myriam Alter, "Where is There"

where-is-there1.jpg

Today I continued on a bit of a fusion bend with a ringer of a Jackie & Roy album, on Japanese CTI Supreme series Blu-Spec cd, "A Wilder Alias," and now I'm on to more of a classic jazz vein with the 12th cd in the "Complete Bill Evans on Verve" box set, Bill with Gomez and Philly Joe.

The system is sounding great. . . and I'm really enjoying the listening.

As I recall, you have a tube system, right?

3 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

ConcertImpressions_cover_1-500x500.jpg

Hi John,

can you list some data & tracks from the Kenton in the Netherlands? Many years ago I taped  from radio Hilversum some Kenton concert tracks. Would like to know  whethere these are on that Tantara  CD.

33 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

1877DA94-3CB5-48BB-A5D6-6623666F8B37.jpeg

Yes, have it a good LP on Timeless

37773966bq.jpg

37773965ns.jpg

1 hour ago, Brad said:

As I recall, you have a tube system, right?

Yes, I have two systems with Decware preamps, EQ preamps, amplifiers, and headphone amplifiers, most with the "25th Anniversary Mods." I have Decware HR-1 speakers in both, and PS Audio and Rega and Oppo sources.  An embarrassment of riches really, I'm glad I was able to build these systems.

9 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, I have two systems with Decware preamps, EQ preamps, amplifiers, and headphone amplifiers, most with the "25th Anniversary Mods." I have Decware HR-1 speakers in both, and PS Audio and Rega and Oppo sources.  An embarrassment of riches really, I'm glad I was able to build these systems.

How large is your living room's surface area?