So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

15 hours ago, Jim Duckworth said:

This was one of my first Miles Davis records, recommended by my high school biology teacher.  I will always love this record-it may well be my favorite!

A very good choice. I remember about the time when I purchased it too, also during high School I coudn´t read the title Right, I thought it means "Neferetti" and thought that it might be an italian Name and that maybe it´s a movie score done by Miles for some italian film producer. 

Maybe that was just the times we lived in then, it seems with my suggestions I was influenced by the other album I had "Cumbia and Jazz Fusion" since I had noticed it was done by Mingus as a movie score for an italian film Producer, I think for Elio Petri......

Unbenannt.png

15 hours ago, felser said:

The Hancock/Carter/Williams rhythm section is incredible on it.  I probably prefer the writing on ESP, but this one is an amazing listen!

Yes, ESP is a very good Album, but Maybe from the mid 60´s Albums with the great second quintet I like most "Miles Smiles", that really cooks. 

Edited by Gheorghe

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

R-8420632-1461265885-1307.jpeg.jpg

I suppose I should wish I liked Michael Brecker more than I do...but still, everybody came to play, and that matters.

Liking this record more and more as I resign myself to accepting that Brecker is going to play like Brecker, and all that comes with that. His tunes here are great, and the band is outstanding, if not even better than that!

Been all over the map listening today.

Started with the bonus disc from the Jerry Garcia "All Good Things" box set from Rhino--that version of "Visions of Johana" is just amazing--once Jerry starts singing and starts rhapsodizing on guitar amazing sounds come out, that guitar was something else.

Then on to Bob Dylan "Together through Life" . . . this isn't too popular but I like it, a groovy dance record.

Then on to both discs of Miles Davis "Live/Evil," the new stereo/quad SACD from Sony (stereo layer). I love this music so much, have since the 2 LP set was first released. 

Then on to Flora Purim "Stories to Tell," Milestone LP. Another favorite from the 'seventies on. Just a wonderful album.

Finally Tubby Hayes, "Late Spot at Scott's"  on Fontana from the Complete Fontana recordings box set.Wow. Energy! And it has never sounded better.