• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I´m in a "Dexter´s Mood" and was looking forward to spin this fine record. 

The wonderful memory here is, that this came out about when I first heard Dexter live and bought it the next day as "his most recent record".

Great encounter indeed with Johnny Griffin, whom I had heard the same year shortly before he had his US comeback.

Side B is a hit with Eddie Jefferson , and not to forget the nice version of "Ruby My Dear". Dexter in general is not associated much with Monk, but he plays "Ruby" in a very individual manner and makes it sound like a "Gordon Cantata".......

Download (1).jpg

More Cannonball today, but I'm mixing in some other stuff too. ;) 

51Qr6MjufYL.jpg

91EqItqN+mL._SS500_.jpg

61rfQBmn0hL._SX500_.jpg

Pulled this out to hear Giulini's incandescent Beethoven 7th with the Chicago SO.

4 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Today I´m in a "Dexter´s Mood" and was looking forward to spin this fine record. 

The wonderful memory here is, that this came out about when I first heard Dexter live and bought it the next day as "his most recent record".

Great encounter indeed with Johnny Griffin, whom I had heard the same year shortly before he had his US comeback.

Side B is a hit with Eddie Jefferson , and not to forget the nice version of "Ruby My Dear". Dexter in general is not associated much with Monk, but he plays "Ruby" in a very individual manner and makes it sound like a "Gordon Cantata".......

A "Gordon Cantata"!  Yeah, Gheorghe!  What a choice phrase. One worth remembering, I think.  :tup