• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a weird week plus. A loan I made a decade ago when I was more flush was unexpectedly repaid. And one of the most important components in my system started misbehaving and I ordered a newer version of it as I suddenly had that money. . . . Then I discovered that the original unit was not faulty and corrected that issue, and moved it into a headphone only system when the new unit arrived. Boy was that a step up for the headphone system! And the new component is in place in the main system and I'm having fun playing about with it.

So I've been playing about with settings and tubes and gain and listening to recordings that really tell me how my system is doing, including:

Duke Ellington "Indigos"--a rich, spacious recording that I was enjoying on Impex gold cd. Truly a desert island disc for me. Jazz beauty distilled into a great listening session. 
Duke_Ellington_Indigos_LP.jpg

Helen Merrill "Brownie--Homage to Clifford Brown" on Gitanes CD. Wow, this is great music, great singing, some jaw-dropping engineering.
MI0001869912.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Another that I listened to a few times was "The Day the World Stood Still" by the Andrew Hill Jazzpar Octet+1. This is a very modern sounding recording with challenging music that rewards close attention.
R-3778196-1344043108-9998.jpeg.jpg