• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Claudia Villela with Ricardo Peixoto "InverseUniverse" . . . I have neglected this one too long, very nice recording, really mellow and intriguing music.

MI0000400109.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Followed by Pharoah Sanders "Africa" Timeless Japan cd. It just seemed right after the above. 

large_550_tmp_2F1547073433816-fuclto9i58

And I was going to put this back on the shelves but had to listen to it again. Such good Paul Gonsalves features!

R-3414681-1329505041.jpeg.jpg

11 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

All of it in one sitting?

Some great music across those albums. Abdul Wadud on 'Raw Materials...' a highlight

Yes, all in one sitting, AKA "how my ears spent much of my work day".  I was fairly stunned at how much I liked the saxophone only albums, as I was never big on the World Saxophone Quarter, but Hemphill calling all the shots brings a great grace to the proceedings.

15 minutes ago, felser said:

Yes, all in one sitting, AKA "how my ears spent much of my work day".  I was fairly stunned at how much I liked the saxophone only albums, as I was never big on the World Saxophone Quarter, but Hemphill calling all the shots brings a great grace to the proceedings.

Nicely done Sir.  I think the sax only releases were some of my first Hemphill working backwards in my early Jazz days from Marty Ehrlich. With you on WSQ too.

56 minutes ago, felser said:

I also enjoy that [Hemphill Black Saint / Soul Note] box, generally listen all in one shot. Never heard much of the WSQ, got the impression it wouldn't be to my taste.

Edited by T.D.