Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51-uIhFqgkL._SY400_.jpg

The Glad to Be Unhappy sessions: My library used to have a subscription to a service that allowed for streaming and up to 5 downloads a week.  Between our two accounts, this was one of several box sets I downloaded.  With the new Desmond Mosaic out, I realized that I never listened to this whole set.  Although having this set means I have a healthy chunk of Desmond, the thought of hearing that much Ed Bickert is very tempting.

12 minutes ago, bresna said:

I bought this many years ago and didn't like the audio fidelity. I just payed it off of You Tube and while I can enjoy it a bit more and can see why people are digging it, it's still pretty lousy audio.

It is, but I've certainly heard much worse (this is not bootleg sound, just poorly recorded), and Criss's performance is incendiary.

R-1319810-1209363843.jpeg.jpg

Listening to this for the first time since the early 2000's when I promptly discarded it. The only fault I really see in this is the raps. They are poor at best, especially give how creative hip hop was becoming in the early 90's. I wonder what the final product would have been if Miles was there to see this project through. The one thing I have been struck by is how effortless and inventive Miles was without the interplay of a band. really interesting and impressive stuff. Its also intriguing how he was melding the two genres in a similar concept but vastly different way than Steve Coleman was. This made me pull out Hami The Funky Descendant to play next