So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

9 hours ago, JSngry said:

R-3351667-1327803328.jpeg.jpg

R-3351667-1327803335.jpeg.jpg

Ithis is a darn good record. I didn't realize how much I missed hearing George Adams until I started listening top him again.

Always underrated. It's got a great, very full, sound for an album from the early 80s.  Pullen is good on it too.

Edited by Rabshakeh

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Michael Pedicin "Ballads -- Searching for Peace"

Interesting player and album. In a Coltrane mode, at least here.

I recently picked up several of Pedicin's CD releases, including this one and I've enjoyed them all. Do you have "As It Should Be - Ballads 2"? It's also pretty good.

Tenor Saxophonist Michael Pedicin to Release "As It Should Be ...

Yes, I like it as well.

Right now Lou Donaldson "Quartet, Quintet, Sextet" Blue Note 24 bit by RVG LP facsimile cd, Japan.

It amazes how great I can get these to sound on my system these days. I'm buying them when I can at cheaper prices.

R-5386672-1551607513-6779.jpeg.jpg

2 hours ago, Justin V said:

51gYj9ZvPaL._SY400_.jpg

Disc 2: I've owned this for 3.5 years and this is probably only my second or third run through the set.  I'm enjoying it.  Between the Duke covers and his Hodges-inflected alto playing, Herman wears his love for Duke on his sleeve.

I'm on the third disc now.  I'm torn here.  Although I appreciate that Woody pays tribute to Duke, it begs the question of why I should listen to another big band play Duke when I can just listen to Duke?

14 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, I like it as well.

Right now Lou Donaldson "Quartet, Quintet, Sextet" Blue Note 24 bit by RVG LP facsimile cd, Japan.

It amazes how great I can get these to sound on my system these days. I'm buying them when I can at cheaper prices.

R-5386672-1551607513-6779.jpeg.jpg

I also have the CD with the  japanese mini LP cover . REally nice those small Group Recordings with Lou Donaldson, I like most the stuff with Horace Silver. That was Wonderful how they played together, really. Lou was Pretty much in Action as early as 1952, recording with Monk, with Milt Jackson, and under his own Name....