Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51paBBVMrkL._SX355_.jpg

While there is a good deal of Wardell Gray to be found among these tracks, Stan Hasselgard does NOT even play with any Goodman band included here.  He only appears on 3 of 4 tracks (he doesn't even play on the 4th track, but if some one told me we were about to record "Where Has My Little Dog Gone", I'd likely disappear for a while as well) he made for V-Disc transcriptions just days before his death in 1948.  BG's big band, bebop version of "King Porter Stomp" is just, no.

Edited by duaneiac

30 minutes ago, BillF said:

81306aEB+hL._SS500_.jpg

Great,I also listend to the Giants recently, the London concert ? Too bad I was too Young then . An older friend of mine saw them in 1972 but unfurtunatly Dizzy was not on it, he was replaced by Cat Anderson and another trumpet Player, anyway the needed 2 trumpet Players to replace Dizzy......

13 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Great,I also listend to the Giants recently, the London concert ? Too bad I was too Young then . An older friend of mine saw them in 1972 but unfurtunatly Dizzy was not on it, he was replaced by Cat Anderson and another trumpet Player, anyway the needed 2 trumpet Players to replace Dizzy......

Yes, I was at the London concert.

Learned of this one via the PS Audio forum. Quite nice! This Canadian singer is new to me, but she has a lovely voice and singing that makes me think of Blossom Dearie and Karrin Allison. Nice bossa nova with electric guitar, vibes and violin featured nicely. Some nice singing in French as well.

Diana Panton, "To Brazil with Love"

s-l600.jpg

Edited by jazzbo