• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Eddie Gale "Black Rythm Happening" Blue Note Japan 

MI0000389452.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Eddie Gale is San Jose's "Ambassador of Jazz", so I have had the good fortune to have heard him perform a number of times.  He used to do annual "Concerts For Inner Peace" (a bit like world/jazz/new age music) that was held at the downtown library; admission was a canned item for the local food bank.  Usually those concerts featured local musicians but one year, his special guest at one of those performances was Prince Lasha.  Imagine hearing Eddie Gale and Prince Laha in the community room of your local library!  He has also played at the San Jose Jazz Festival a few times and one year he brought in a band there that included Prince Lasha, Kidd Jordan and William Parker.  I'll admit, those musicians are not purveyors of the types of jazz I generally listen to, but that was a terrific concert.  Seeing as well as hearing this music being created in real time was engaging to me in a way that I don't think just hearing it on a recording would be.

Anyway, it's nice to see he's till listened to!:)