• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, bresna said:

R-3097980-1315646942.jpeg.jpg

This used to be pretty hard to find when it went out of print and went for pretty good money for a while. I don't think any Jazz CDs are worth big money today so be patient in your search.

Thanks a lot for your help and Information. Found a  UK seller with reasonable price and could order it via Discogs.

Have looked up my Stan Getz Discography and also Lords. But no Info on that rare 4tet  except the Discogs link and now your scan.

best

W.

R-1818433-1475725240-2359.jpeg.jpg

R-1818433-1475725240-7913.jpeg.jpg

Do people still listen to this record? I know I hadn't. At first it sounded "dated", but with further listenings, it all fell into place, because, no, it's not dated, I'm the one that's dated. This is pretty much where these people were then, pretty damn accurate, imo. So don't blame shit for being real, that's about the best thing it CAN be.

Also, is it just me, or is it ok to use the word "enigmatic" when referring to Sam Brown? Maybe if he had lived longer? I'm really hearing him here.

I have this LP and also on cd. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I've been enjoying Sam Brown on "Expectations" and "Gary Burton/Keith Jarrett" recently. I really like his playing and that he wasn't afraid to get the power tubes in the amp into distortion. . . . He made an interesting jazz sound on the Telecaster.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

This great record:

R-3588399-1340309855-3426.jpeg.jpg

R-3588399-1466470047-3731.jpeg.jpg

with this kinda bullshit cover:

R-2390053-1307421406.jpeg.jpg

R-2390053-1307421444.jpeg.jpg

This Motian/Haden thing...a constantly roiling cauldron always ready, willing, and able to accommodate any additional ingredients.

Speaking of Sam Brown...this might be my favorite reading of "Song For Che" by anybody. Brown's acoustic playing is perfect in both conception and execution and makes it sound like the "folk song" it was no doubt intended to be instead of the "protest anthem" it was also no doubt intended to be.

Too often, "protest" comes only in bright colors lacking in both overtones and undertones and speaks only of itself. This one is resonant, redolent, and speaks for itself.