Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

61LDRr-UUOL._SX466_.jpg

This is a nice CD, but I'm not sure how easy it might be to find nowadays.  It features 1934 & 1936 recordings made for Brunswick by the group known as The 3 T's.  The three musicians were all members of Paul Whiteman's band at the time and this disc also includes a couple of numbers (as well as alternates) by that band.  Frank Trumbauer's grandson was involved in the production of this CD.  Both Carl Kress and George Van Eps occupied the guitar chair in The 3 T's group on different recording sessions.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:59 AM, mjazzg said:

lAOLwdqTG6JcfFZ86v2LFyv1RyxU1yQzvd5XrZb8

Maria Schneider Orchestra - Data Lords [Artists Share]

What! When did that come out?  I think I pre-ordered it but I haven't gotten a notice. 

An hour later: I did indeed.  Just went to the Artist Share site and downloaded it. Never did get a notice so glad you posted this. 

Three days later:  Just got a nice notice from Maria.  Apparently I ordered the cd and it's on the way. 

Edited by medjuck

3 hours ago, medjuck said:

What! When did that come out?  I think I pre-ordered it but I haven't gotten a notice. 

An hour later: I did indeed.  Just went to the Artist Share site and downloaded it. Never did get a notice so glad you posted this. 

I'm glad you tracked it down.  Mine wasn't a pre-order but bought off the back of a Guardian review on Friday.  My first Schneider having been knocked out by a concert a few year's ago now. Very pleased to have this on early acquaintance.

2 hours ago, medjuck said:

Not sure what that means but great record. 

With you on that too, both points.

Edited by mjazzg