Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gheorghe said:

What a wonderful relaxed thing after some heavy days , now things start to calm down and this record really does relax me. Even my wife likes this version of "Am I Blue"....

Download (7).jpg

I am always surprised when someone says that they like this date. It has never been a favorite of mine. I actually think it's pretty boring. I'm spinning it right now in fact and... nope. I just think it sounds sloppy.

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

What's the story there, jcam?

Kawashima Makoto plays in the vein of Abe Kaoru. Not sure where, when this was recorded but it’s a powerful solo performance. I’ve seen Kawashima Makoto live and it’s a spiritual experience. Most of his releases are solo alto sax and on the shorter side but all very moving. 

13 hours ago, bresna said:

I am always surprised when someone says that they like this date. It has never been a favorite of mine. I actually think it's pretty boring. I'm spinning it right now in fact and... nope. I just think it sounds sloppy.

Well, I can understand what you say, and I must admit that in the last 20 years I don´t think I spinned it more often than 3 times. My favourite Green Album is the previously unissued "Solid" with McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones, but as I said, there are days when I have a Special mood, when I had a few bad days and am grateful that Things are ok again, and than I have those Beautiful voicings of "Am I Blue" in my mind. That intro really has a moving Quality. 

But you are Right, there are hundreds of other Blue Note Albums that are better…..