• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, duaneiac said:

MI0002015827.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Y'know another advantage of CDs over digital files?  While listening to this disc, I opened up the liner notes booklet only to find the ticket stub from the first time I saw the Gene Harris Quartet -- Feb. 17, 1996 at Ohlone College.  So in addition to enjoying the fun music on this CD, I also got to re-enjoy a few memories of that concert.

Jealous.

Guess you didn't bring a digital recording device to memorialize that show, huh? ;)

Last night I was listening to some tracks from Bill Frisell's newest CD "Valentine"

I first heard him on the German import CD "Deep Dead Blue" - a duo with Elvis Costello. Stunningly gorgeous. And highly recommended.

Frisell's music always takes me to a better place.

IMG_8918.JPG

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux
Added pic

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

For me, it's been a James Moody morning.

51Rt0Nk1RhL.jpg

that was one of my first CDs in 90s, it was reviewed favorably in the first or second Jazz magazine I ever bought, I liked what I read and so I got it... has rarely worked this smoothly later on...

a0401580811_10.jpg

Tubby Hayes - Free Flight

I am not much of an expert (i.e. I am unfamiliar with other later live releases, only know Mexican Green and the Fontana Box a bit...). I streamed it on and off over the day via https://jazzinbritain1.bandcamp.com/album/free-flight-the-ron-mathewson-tapes-vol-3Bandcamp  and then placed my order... so I liked it a lot, sound doesn't seem to be perfect, but it's just a nice free-bop live set with long tunes, some old standards in there... I think it's very good

43 minutes ago, Niko said:

I am not much of an expert (i.e. I am unfamiliar with other later live releases, only know Mexican Green and the Fontana Box a bit...). I streamed it on and off over the day via https://jazzinbritain1.bandcamp.com/album/free-flight-the-ron-mathewson-tapes-vol-3Bandcamp  and then placed my order... so I liked it a lot, sound doesn't seem to be perfect, but it's just a nice free-bop live set with long tunes, some old standards in there... I think it's very good

Yep ....

NP via YT:

81vHghc0exL._SS500_.jpg

Frederic Rabold Crew - Funky Tango (MPS, 1979)

Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Frederic Rabold
Saxophones – Erich Stangl, Walter Hüber, Wilfried Eichhorn
Piano – Jürgen Dollmann
Bass – Thomas Stabenow
Drums – Manfred Kniel
Voice – Lauren Newton

All new to me.  :) 

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Every morning should be a James Moody morning !

Ain't that the truth!  :tup 

Edited by HutchFan