• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally getting some time to listen after a week mostly away from home with in-laws and services.

Back to this one because it sounded so good first time through.

Jim Gailloreto's Split Decision "Shadow Puppets"

A new arrival, featuring Laurence Hobgood on keyboards.

51VXi6F66OL._SS500.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

51YA27D5M6L.jpg

What a strange record this is. Love all the individual players, but this just never gels, IMO. Yet everything has been arranged with great care. I guess I just wish Duke had brought more interesting material to the session. 

12 minutes ago, JSngry said:

R-5508101-1395174264-7745.jpeg.jpg

R-5508101-1395174268-8298.jpeg.jpg

Odean & Khan bring out the best in each other. An engaging performance that is at once vibrant and stolid, with echoes of all sorts of different instrumentational  precedents but imitations of none.

In other words, recommended!

Thanks for the recommendation! But reading the back cover, I saw "Cadence" and "Rusch" all over the place, thought "...didn't I read some things about Bob Rusch?", and wound up feeling a little queasy. I dig both musical principals, not sure I'll put the recording on my wish list.

Edited by T.D.

Yeah, well, there is going to be that for the rest of time now, so buy a used copy from somebody instead of a new copy from that guy.

Or even better, just find a fileshare some place so you can hear the music and not look at the pictures with those names on them.

This is yet another dichotomy of "excellent music via bad people".

Just saying, it's a fine record of excellent music brought to market by a pretty really bad person. Do what you gotta do to work that one out.