Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Maybe from Larry Young I expected something else, something more like the Albums he made before for BN. (Unity)

I've REALLY been enjoying Of Love and Peace lately. It's hit me hard -- in a good way. But you're right that it's quite different than his Blue Notes before it.

5 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

My two year old is a self professed Herbie Hancock fan. It can be done. 

My daughter will be 3 in February.  She heard Wayne Shorter, Lee Konitz, Larry Willis, Jack DeJohnette, Chucho Valdes and other greats live while still in the womb, so I started her early.  :D  She routinely asks for Sonny Stitt and Joe Pass, so those two Mosaics see a lot of play here. 

When I told her today that I was going to put on the Miles classic, 'Round About Midnight (I've been in a Coltrane mood), she said, 'Listen to Monk!'  We then listened to the Monk/Coltrane Carnegie Hall concert.  Never has a compromise worked out so well.  She then said 'Coltrane' with a mouthful of lunch during a solo.  She was dancing to the Dolphy album, by the way.

Although I was disappointed that the Deteoit Jazz Fest shifted to streaming this year (Abdullah Ibrahim was originally scheduled), it was fun talking to her about the music while streaming a few sets.  She'll tell me what instrument is soloing and what instrument she wants to hear, which helps me narrow down our listening queue.  She'll also turn a plate over and 'play drums' with a knife and fork.

5 minutes ago, Justin V said:

My daughter will be 3 in February.  She heard Wayne Shorter, Lee Konitz, Larry Willis, Jack DeJohnette, Chucho Valdes and other greats live while still in the womb, so I started her early.  :D  She routinely asks for Sonny Stitt and Joe Pass, so those two Mosaics see a lot of play here. 

When I told her today that I was going to put on the Miles classic, 'Round About Midnight (I've been in a Coltrane mood), she said, 'Listen to Monk!'  We then listened to the Monk/Coltrane Carnegie Hall concert.  Never has a compromise worked out so well.  She then said 'Coltrane' with a mouthful of lunch during a solo.  She was dancing to the Dolphy album, by the way.

Although I was disappointed that the Deteoit Jazz Fest shifted to streaming this year (Abdullah Ibrahim was originally scheduled), it was fun talking to her about the music while streaming a few sets.  She'll tell me what instrument is soloing and what instrument she wants to hear, which helps me narrow down our listening queue.  She'll also turn a plate over and 'play drums' with a knife and fork.

Good work!

Kellee Peterson "Maiden Voyage" Black Jazz Records cd Japan

R-625928-1494501252-6207.jpeg.jpg

Congas, Triangle – Sajih
Bass – John W. Heard
Electric Bass – Henry Davis
Flute – George Harper
Piano – Ernest Van Trease
Tambourine – John Lasalle
Triangle – Billy Osbourne
Trumpet – Everett Turner

KELLEPATT-Nice1.jpg