Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

81GqnMpfAJL._SS500_.jpg

I have Discs 1-6 of this set.  I could stream the rest of the set for free from my library's streaming service, but it still drives me a bit nuts not owning the whole set.  I could sell my discs and buy the whole set in mp3 format, but I'd chafe at spending $61.49 for a lossy download, even if the sale of my discs paid for it.  Argh.  If I were a few years older instead of squeaking by as a millennial, the concept of owning music would be foreign to me...

At any rate, I enjoy the healthy chunk of 6 discs of vintage Jamal.

Edited by Justin V

I like this album, the last official studio album Bud made. It got bad write ups and I think this was not fair to Bud. He still had a lot to say. Well he fluffed a bit the octaves on the first tune "I Know That You Know", but is that a reason to write this album off as a bad record, and even worse, that the tapes better should have been destroyed ????

It remembers me about a special evening decades ago when two ladies took me to the opera. I must admit, I´m not a classically trained person, but I seemed to enjoy the evening, but during intermission those two ladies started to say how weak this singer was because he didn´t hit the high C properly, and how weak was that singer because he did not hit the high G properly. I asked them why the got to the opera if the talk about those musicians, but they laughed it off and said that´s part of the game . 

Well, a strange game, and this comes to my mind if people accentuate the negative when Bud just fluffs a few ocataves, but man this was a genius.....

There´s so much good music on this. "The Best thing for You" is much better than his first recording of it, and "I remember Clifford" is just wonderful, and there is a lot of sharp up tempo on "Just Those Things", much better than on an earlier studio version from 1956......

Download (1).jpg