Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, soulpope said:

You never can go wrong with Helen Merrill ....

She has a lovely voice, skills and soul too.  But this sounds like it was someone else's idea - she sounds like she's sight-reading.  And I love tribute albums when the're done well, but this is no better than mildly pleasant to me.

45 minutes ago, danasgoodstuff said:

She has a lovely voice, skills and soul too.  But this sounds like it was someone else's idea - she sounds like she's sight-reading.  And I love tribute albums when the're done well, but this is no better than mildly pleasant to me.

Different strokes for different folks, I believe ....

1 hour ago, EKE BBB said:

R-645541-1382625759-6584.jpeg.jpg

I like this idea of listening to records under a certain "Motto", like last week it was early Ornette Coleman stuff, now it´s all of Coltrane´s Prestige records. I did the same, listening this year to all of Tranes Prestige Albums, but somehow I must admit the Albums I listen too mostly is the one with the Long track of "Good Bait" (Soultrane I think), and "Stardust"....., they were my first Coltrane Albums and I think I listened more to them than to other Prestige Albums....