So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

26 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

51jvdoovu6L.jpg

51BYLhCNt7L.jpg

I've enjoyed this CD for many years.  It's a persuasive overview of Ford's recordings for Muse -- probably more persuasive than any of the individual LPs he made for label (although I don't have all of them).

Still for me his best solo work is to be found on Kip Hanrahan`s "Desire Develops An Edge" (American Clave) from 1982 ....

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm listening to an Art Blakey concert from 1973 from Wolfgang's Vault.  The band: Carter Jefferson, Eddie Henderson, Curtis Fuller, Cedar Walton, Mickey Bass and Ray Mantilla.  The kicker? Sonny Stitt guesting on every song and Roy Haynes joining in on 'Night in Tunisia'.  

Wolfgang's Vault added a $10 credit to members' accounts for Black Friday.  I downloaded this and a Giants of Jazz Newport gig.  There are so many great concerts up.

Edited by Justin V

3 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I've never seen that one before.  Looks interesting!  

It's worth looking for.  It's a live recording which gives the band plenty of room.  There's only 5 tracks, but the shortest track is 12 minutes long.

Now playing:

R-1983231-1256828165.jpeg.jpg

R-1983231-1256828208.jpeg.jpg

Lots of stellar talent represented there, but my vote for MVP of this compilation goes to Houston Person for this beauty --