Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

My favourite of all VSOP albums and a favourite of mine when it came out in 1978. This album was very much discussed among our little jazz gang at high school. 

Yep .... in contrary to some other "All-Star" groups the V.S.O.P Quintet fulfilled expectations and this platter may be their best release ....

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Yep .... in contrary to some other "All-Star" groups the V.S.O.P Quintet fulfilled expectations and this platter may be their best release ....

Well, about the same time there were two other significant double albums that were very much recommended among my school colleages: "The Milestone Jazzstars" (Rollins, McCoy Tyner Ron Carter Al Foster), and the McCoy Tyner "Super Trios". On the morning ride to school, one of those guys told me about those two albums and that´s how I purchased them.....

15 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Well, about the same time there were two other significant double albums that were very much recommended among my school colleages: "The Milestone Jazzstars" (Rollins, McCoy Tyner Ron Carter Al Foster), and the McCoy Tyner "Super Trios". On the morning ride to school, one of those guys told me about those two albums and that´s how I purchased them.....

Don`t wanna compare apples and pears, but to me the V.S.O.P recording stood the test of time preferably ....

19 hours ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b2732dfd3a328066a8ced4063a14

Reall good. Have if for quite some time + one more

V.S.O.P. Quintet    Tempest in the Colosseum    1977    CBS/Sony(2)    771-2
V.S.O.P. Quintet    Five Stars:The V.S.O.P. Quintet    1979    CBS/Sony(2)    1036

Edited by jazzcorner
more text

"The Complete Roulette Jack Teagarden Sessions" Mosaic Reords, disc 3

A very different set of music than the predecessor, but man I love this stuff. Jack is such a joy to listen to.

s-l640.jpg

Don Goldie is so good with Jack, and Don Ewell, wow.

Edited by jazzbo