• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jovino Santos Neto Quinteto "Por Causa de Voce/Because of You: A Birthday Celebration of Antonio Carlos Jobim" featuring Maucha Andet and Romero Lubambo

All I can say is everytime I play this cd I feel so much better. Beautiful music, excellent live recording. Swinging, real jazz feeling, excellent singing and playing. 

Jovino-Santos-Neto-Quinteto-Por-Causa-de

Edited by jazzbo

Earlier this morning I listened to the Sonny Rollins tracks from this LP added to an Essential Jazz cd that included the "What's New" LP.

These sides recorded at the Music Inn are astonishing. Sonny in 1958 was like a monolith standing tall and his ecstatic playing encompasses jazz history with Bud, Pres, Hawk, Bird and Monk in his mind and breath and a mastery of both the horn and the art of voicing idea and melody.

s-l400.jpg

I have'nt had this one in the player in a while. A very nice Friday morning record.

This is Monday at her best, spanning genres with a relaxed strut and her voice is such a positive and graceful lovely paint brush over these grooving arrangements.

Monday Michiru, "My Ever Changing Moods"

R-4446160-1463221799-7523.jpeg.jpg

Monday-Michiru.jpg

Carmen McRae "Haven't We Met?" Mainstream/Solid Records Japan cd

4526180443483.jpg?w=640&h=640

I love this woman's singing. Though I prefer her with a small combo, this is a nice big band date where she really responds to the big sounds backing her. Her phrasing was so nimble yet solid. And I'm not a big fan of vibrato but hers I dig a lot

More, later Carmen.

Carmen McCrae "Live at Birdland West: Fine and Mellow" Concord SACD

s-l640.jpg

Check out this band. They COOK.

Carmen McRae - vocals
Red Holloway - alto saxophone, tenor saxophone
Jack McDuff - electric organ
Phil Upchurch - guitar
John Clayton - double bass
Paul Humphrey - drums

5 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Earlier this morning I listened to the Sonny Rollins tracks from this LP added to an Essential Jazz cd that included the "What's New" LP.

These sides recorded at the Music Inn are astonishing. Sonny in 1958 was like a monolith standing tall and his ecstatic playing encompasses jazz history with Bud, Pres, Hawk, Bird and Monk in his mind and breath and a mastery of both the horn and the art of voicing idea and melody.

s-l400.jpg

I have'nt had this one in the player in a while. A very nice Friday morning record.

Excellent indeed. Have the japanese vinyl replic edeition on MGM

5 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

R-6229629-1550680781-1386.jpeg.jpg

Via the Complete 2 CD set...then, 

17 hours ago, HutchFan said:

R-3810095-1562580379-3992.jpeg.jpg

All excellent and good .... and all here.

;-}}

Edited by jazzcorner

8 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

I remember (back in the day) selling a copy of that to a young James Carter at the Blue Lake camp.

Remember seeing that exact band lineup, on what must have been the same European tour. Blakey in his usual dungarees.

turn-circle.jpg

Superb debut.

18 hours ago, BillF said:

R-2811539-1568035529-9906.jpeg.jpg

I always wondered what a cartoon full of Uncle Fester athletes at the Ministry of Silly Walks had to do with Miles Davis and his Horns..:D

Edited by sidewinder

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Remember seeing that exact band lineup, on what must have been the same European tour. Blakey in his usual dungarees.

turn-circle.jpg

Superb debut.

I always wondered what a cartoon full of Uncle Fester athletes at the Ministry of Silly Walks had to do with Miles Davis and his Horns..:D

Agreed. Now on visually safer ground with

MILES_DAVIS_THE%2BMUSINGS%2BOF%2BMILES-4