• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-10203638-1493345134-1686.jpeg.jpg

R-10203638-1493345134-8825.jpeg.jpg

I went into a trance both time I listened to this, and still can't tell if it's lucid collective melodicism or lucid collective noodling...or if Bollani knows knew all the answers already. His ease of harmonies is pretty...lucid.

Intriguing record, most assuredly not for casual listening, although, hey, ECM at it's most ECM-ish, they go out of their way to make it sound like it is.

one of the highlights of the 70´s . I was still at highschool when it came out and we were some jazz fans there and whoever picked it up first threw a little party and we listened carefully to that great stuff.

All those people were our heroes, McCoyTyner, Ron Carter, Tony Williams, Eddy Gomez and Jack DeJohnette......, they still were really young, McCoy and Ron around 40, and the others in their 30´s 

Download (4).jpg

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Interesting - good to hear that you aren’t affected. River level and flow rate near my place today (piddling little puddle) was ‘robust’.

The Boris visit has certainly given some scope for humour. A picture of him looking even more bedraggled than usual in his yellow jacket has been posted on local WhatsApp with the caption "Man from Stalybridge swept away by flood found alive and well in Didsbury." Another remarked that he'd be helpful as he'd "make a good sandbag."Unintentional humour, too from the local media. The Manchester Evening News misspelled flood-hit Bankside Avenue as Backside Avenue, leading to mutterings of Shit Creek.

2 minutes ago, BillF said:

The Boris visit has certainly given some scope for humour. A picture of him looking even more bedraggled than usual in his yellow jacket has been posted on local WhatsApp with the caption "Man from Stalybridge swept away by flood found alive and well in Didsbury." Another remarked that he'd be helpful as he'd "make a good sandbag."Unintentional humour, too from the local media. The Manchester Evening News misspelled flood-hit Bankside Avenue as Backside Avenue, leading to mutterings of Shit Creek.

No doubt Carrie and the dog were happy to get him out of the house for a day..

23 hours ago, HutchFan said:

That looks interesting, jcam.  Good stuff?

Poo with Hino isn’t my favorite setting for Poo. It stays contained even in a Poo composition. Still a good date and recommended if you can find it for a good price. It’s SACD and Japan only so it can be pricey. 

R-5523505-1395611632-5994.jpeg.jpg

Reaction-neutral, primarily because I can't tell what it really is. Lots of sounds and lots of space, both very evocatively delineated, and I get that the them is "fairy tales" (right?) but how to connect that to this music requires a set of references I'm afraid I do not yet have. It's not off-putting by any means, not by a long shot. But it also does not begin to draw me in either.

Maybe I'm not playing it loud enough.