Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

i heard once they are related to UR, don't know much. Do you have suggestions for classic UR albums ?

I also think both have something in common, specially since UR was a collective out of which several side projects spawned. Since their start in the late 80s and early 90s they have released tons of material. Specially in the form of EPs and maxis. So they have little albums, and when they do, they're mostly compilations of member tracks. I, for one, like most their soulful side, being able to recommend British label React's compilation True people, from the mid 90s, which features a lot of good Detroit techno. Then there's also an album or compilation called Galaxy 2 Galaxy that's very good and from the mid 2000s and with a good choice of jazzy techno. And finally I'd recommend an album from 2006 or so called Los Hermanos (The Brothers), which is also very soulful and features again tracks by (I think mostly latin) members.

Don't know if they're still active today. Last time I saw something new from them was in the mid 2000s. And, as I said, I don't know much of their stuff. There are also two compilations out there, called Interstellar Fugitives and IF2. But they are quite hard and I don't like them so much.

12 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

I also think both have something in common, specially since UR was a collective out of which several side projects spawned. Since their start in the late 80s and early 90s they have released tons of material. Specially in the form of EPs and maxis. So they have little albums, and when they do, they're mostly compilations of member tracks. I, for one, like most their soulful side, being able to recommend British label React's compilation True people, from the mid 90s, which features a lot of good Detroit techno. Then there's also an album or compilation called Galaxy 2 Galaxy that's very good and from the mid 2000s and with a good choice of jazzy techno. And finally I'd recommend an album from 2006 or so called Los Hermanos (The Brothers), which is also very soulful and features again tracks by (I think mostly latin) members.

Don't know if they're still active today. Last time I saw something new from them was in the mid 2000s. And, as I said, I don't know much of their stuff. There are also two compilations out there, called Interstellar Fugitives and IF2. But they are quite hard and I don't like them so much.

thank you, i will check some of your recommendations out.