So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

"The Little Jazz Bird" that is Blossom Dearie, "My Gentleman Friend" Verve session, on disc 3 from the newly released Fremeaux 3 cd set.

504910.jpg

blossom-dearie-little-jazz-bird.jpg

Charm is Blossom. I was very surprised that my wife loved the Dearie tracks she heard on The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel show from amazon. . . I'll try this set out on her soon.

• Replies 79.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm replaying the Dearie disc as both Verve albums on it have Kenny Burrell on board, and man Kenny at the end of the 'fifties is a joy to hear over and over!

Now on to a 2 cd set i bought to hear Mark Turner, Jason Palmer, "The Concert: 12 Musings for Isabella" 

88829598314.jpg?20201029092023

Edited by jazzbo

18 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I'm replaying the Dearie disc as both Verve albums on it have Kenny Burrell on board, and man Kenny at the end of the 'fifties is a joy to hear over and over!

Now on to a 2 cd set i bought to hear Mark Turner, Jason Palmer, "The Concert: 12 Musings for Isabella" 

88829598314.jpg?20201029092023

I found a copy of this on discogs and I do like Palmer & Turner so I ordered it. Looking forward to seeing these two again in the future. Palmer used to perform pretty regularly around my area pre-COVID so I'm hoping he's still around.

Ben Thomas "The Madman's Difference" Origin Records cd

See the source image

I bought this because of the presence of Jovino Santos Neto who I admire very much, and I'm glad that I went for it. Following Neto has always proven beneficial.

Edited by jazzbo