So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

4 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Never saw that. Pardon for a dumb question: Is this a woman or a man ?

šŸ˜‚ Donā€™t you recognize the now plump and flabby whackjob, John(ny) ā€œRottenā€ Lydon?

Edited by rostasi

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-585620-1503604706-7900.jpeg.jpg

Eddie Palmieri - Sentido (Mango/Coco, 1973)

Oh man, so good.Ā 

Palmieri's early-70s run -- Superimposition,Ā Vamonos Pa'l Monte, and Sentido -- are my all-time favorite EP records.Ā  Ā All three feature Ismael Quintana as lead vocalist.Ā  Unfortunately, Quintana left EP's band after Sentido.Ā  Lalo Rodriguez, who replaced him, wasĀ no slouch.Ā  In fact, the subsequentĀ records that feature RodriguezĀ are probably more famous:Ā The Sun of Latin Music and Unfinished Masterpiece.Ā  But I prefer Quintana; I like his rougher, more traditional-soundingĀ voice.

Ā 

"Blue Note--The SP Days: 1939 to 1952" disc 4 "Jazz Guitar Classics on Blue Note"

Sessions led by Josh White, Teddy Bunn, Edmond Hall (with Charlie Christian), Jimmy Shirley as leader and Jimmy Shirley with Ike Quebec, Pidgmeat Markham and John Hardee.

20191129_be624d.JPG

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

Palmieri's early-70s run -- Superimposition,Ā Vamonos Pa'l Monte, and Sentido -- are my all-time favorite EP records.Ā  Ā All three feature Ismael Quintana as lead vocalist.Ā  Unfortunately, Quintana left EP's band after Sentido.Ā  Lalo Rodriguez, who replaced him, wasĀ no slouch.Ā  In fact, the subsequentĀ records that feature RodriguezĀ are probably more famous:Ā The Sun of Latin Music and Unfinished Masterpiece.Ā  But I prefer Quintana; I like his rougher, more traditional-soundingĀ voice.

Ā 

100% agreement from over here.

2L8psj3.jpg

Tracks 1 - 5:
Joe Harriott - Alto Sax
Kenny Wheeler - Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Pat Smythe - Piano
Ron Mathewson - Bass
Bill Eyden - Drums
From the Ron Mathewson tape archive

Tracks 6 - 7:
Joe Harriott - Alto Sax
Harry South - Conductor
Greg Bowen, Derek Watkins, Ian Hamer, Hank Shaw, Kenny Wheeler, Les Condon - Trumpet
Chris Smith, Bobby Lamb, Gib Wallace, Danny Elwood - Trombone
Ray Warleigh - Alto Sax, Flute
Tubby Hayes, Alan Skidmore - Tenor Sax
Louis Stewart - Guitar
Phil Bates - Bass
Spike Wells - Drums
From the Spike Wells tape archive

Got in from the UK one of the new "Reference" belts from Rega and have to say that it may be an improvement over the "White" belt that was Rega's top of the line before, and it's half the price too. Installed it on my hot rod RP3 and played "Great Expectations" from this:

Miles Davis "Big Fun"

748407.jpg

Sounded subtly tighter and more detailed.

Also played this, ā€œBilly Strayhorn Live!ā€ Roulette mono LP. Sounded great.

R-13168431-1549226275-4690.jpeg.jpg

Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
Edited by jazzbo

11 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Got in from the UK one of the new "Reference" belts from Rega and have to say that it may be an improvement over the "White" belt that was Rega's top of the line before, and it's half the price too. Installed it on my hot rod RP3 and played "Great Expectations"

What language is this?

58ILmcS.jpg

9 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

iu-7.jpeg

Is this the Xanadu album from Paris ? I have it LP with the same photo, but a golden cover and itĀ“s titled "Bud in Paris".

Bud plays really great on this, fast like in his early days, (Shaw Nuff, Get Happy, JohnĀ“s Abbey). And great the two tunes with Barney Wilen (Oleo, Autumn in New York).Ā 

I like very much the 4 sections from the Oscar Pettiford Memorial Concert.Ā 

There is only a wrong date on the two duos with Johnny Griffin. They are not from February 1960 (when Griffin was not in Paris), they are from February 1964 recorded at Francis PaudrasĀ“ home.Ā