So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Thanks John, succinct and to the point :lol: I will continue with my ignorance of it in that case

Reperatory Company fare like so many of those projects from the 80s. and 90s.  Plenty of craft but no fire.  Nothing wrong with it but you want to hear those horn players on more challenging settings.  All did better sessions in that Era as sole leaders and of course did classics in the 60s and 70s.   Kudos to David Weiss, the rare organizer who can make that sort of group meaningful.

Edited by felser

• Replies 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, this and "In 'n Out" are my favorite Blue Note Joes.

Btw for me his real forte on Blue Note were Sideman appearances .... "Basra" .... "Black Fire" .... "Song For My Father" .... "Trompeta Toccata" .... "Stick-Up" .... to name a few ....

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

Btw for me his real forte on Blue Note were Sideman appearances .... "Basra" .... "Black Fire" .... "Song For My Father" .... "Trompeta Toccata" .... "Stick-Up" .... to name a few ....

Those are all good, no question. I do love those two leaders dates though. . . perhaps a bit more.