• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Because they hadn't done this yet?

R-7925294-1462530049-9508.jpeg.jpg

R-7925294-1488969125-4824.jpeg.jpg

Prestige is / was really something...

Plus there's always Miles Davis super-cohesive classique Conception. An album that makes even less sense.

7 minutes ago, erwbol said:

R-1201910-1509465609-3924.jpeg.jpg

I cannot believe that this is still not back in print. It is one of the towering heights of The Music.

Edited by Rabshakeh

They (Prestige) were really adept at repackaging every few years, so a kid like me could thumb the racks in , say, 1972, and not feel like i was getting some old leftover record, but instead the latest version, with current liner notes. An occasional new alternate included, or, like the Miles 12/24 session, combining what had been spread over more than one record into one.

And then OJC came along an old leftover records cam back in fashion again, old leftover liner notes and split sessions and all....

It's an interesting one. Some musicians' greatest works were during the 10" era. Konitz might arguably be in that bracket (depends on my mood). They're done no favours by having their early work so mangled.

2 minutes ago, erwbol said:

The studio portion was reissued recently, but, yeah, they really need to put the live discs out there as well.

It's good to have that at least, and available for streaming etc, but I have no idea why you would even split it like that in the first place. It is a cohesive whole. It's an absurd decision, particularly given how militant Braxton is about his work's integrity in all other ways.

Edited by Rabshakeh

51 minutes ago, JSngry said:

They (Prestige) were really adept at repackaging every few years, so a kid like me could thumb the racks in , say, 1972, and not feel like i was getting some old leftover record, but instead the latest version, with current liner notes. An occasional new alternate included, or, like the Miles 12/24 session, combining what had been spread over more than one record into one..

I've never seen the 12/24/ Miles session combined on either Lp or cd.  What's it look like? 

Joyce Moreno (the artist formerly known as Joyce) "Raiz" (Roots)
Far Out cd

cd_joycemoreno_raiz.jpg

joyce2.jpg

Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass – Rodolfo Stroeter
Drums – Tutty Moreno

Electric Guitar-- Roberto Menescal
Piano – Helio Alves
Vocals, Guitar, Music Director, Producer – Joyce Moreno

Edited by jazzbo