Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 7:26 AM, JSngry said:

Opening the lid on this big boy, gonna be here a while...

0190759403525.jpg

0190759403525-1-600x600.jpg

All the hits...PLUS!

Having a hard time moving past Disc 1 - Duets with Bartok, then a trio w/Benny Goodman added, all kinds of good 20th Century stuff. Even if the disc ends with Mozart, what comes before keep me replaying the whole thing.

Regardless of what one thinks about Benny Goodman...playing with both Fletcher Henderson & Bela Bartok...being John Hammond's brother-in-law is only going to get you so far into those Columbia(n) doors, right?. Objectively, I think this is worth being noted. Objectively, hey, be objective about it!

Just sayin', if I had a chance to jam (sic) with Bela Bartok on his tunes (sic)...how would you not get in there with that?

NP: 

R-11745139-1521658374-5211.jpeg.jpg

4 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Having a hard time moving past Disc 1 - Duets with Bartok, then a trio w/Benny Goodman added, all kinds of good 20th Century stuff. Even if the disc ends with Mozart, what comes before keep me replaying the whole thing.

Regardless of what one thinks about Benny Goodman...playing with both Fletcher Henderson & Bela Bartok...being John Hammond's brother-in-law is only going to get you so far into those Columbia(n) doors, right?. Objectively, I think this is worth being noted. Objectively, hey, be objective about it!

Just sayin', if I had a chance to jam (sic) with Bela Bartok on his tunes (sic)...how would you not get in there with that?

Making a note to check this out in the near future

Ron Miles "Rainbow Sign" Blue Note Japan SHM-CD

R-16028209-1602211251-7047.jpeg.jpg

Good month to listen to this one. I confess I wish Frisell weren't on this or had left his effects components at home--I just like my jazz mostly without those. Otherwise I really like this one. Has a bonus cut for Japan.

6 hours ago, JSngry said:

Except that...there's some organ trio cuts on there without Moody, right? I got excited because I thought that all the extra material had Moody, but it doesn't. I's Never Again with some extra organ trio cuts.

Here's the Never Again set:

Tracklist

Never Again  4:27
Secret Love  6:33
A Little 3 For L.C.  8:40
St. Thomas  6:01
This One's For You   5:13
Freedom Jazz Dance  8:37 

Now, here the Hip Organ Trio set:

Tracklist

1    Never Again
2    My Secret Love
3    A Little 3 For LC
4    Right On (organ trio only)
5    Down St. Thomes Way
6    All The Things You Are (organ trio only)
7   This One's For You
8    Freedom Jazz Dance
9   Giant Steps (organ trio only)

Ah, didn't realize that there were bonus cuts!

I may have to track that down the CD then.  Mickey Tucker sounds GOOD on that organ.  :tup 

NP:

71uotLKS5CL._SS500_.jpg

15 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Excellent album. They killed in the two sets I heard at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival in 2019.

Yes, I've been enjoying the disc!  They're two young musician with very bright futures, IMO.

I had tix to see them perform at Emory University in ATL -- but the concert was canceled when the pandemic hit.  Argh.  Hopefully, they'll reschedule it at some point.

14 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Ah, didn't realize that there were bonus cuts!

I may have to track that down the CD then.  Mickey Tucker sounds GOOD on that organ.  :tup 

He does, very much, but I would be ready to reprogram the order...interrupting the Moodyflow may or may not work for you. I know I was all, uhhhhh….. about it.

2 minutes ago, JSngry said:

He does, very much, but I would be ready to reprogram the order...interrupting the Moodyflow may or may not work for you. I know I was all, uhhhhh….. about it.

I hear you on that.  The Never Again! LP sequence is imprinted in my brain.  Gotta tack on the bonus tracks at the end. 

3 hours ago, duaneiac said:

81CQ%2BuI9v4L._SX355_.jpg

Wow. No mention of Skitch Henderson on that album.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:26 AM, JSngry said:

Opening the lid on this big boy, gonna be here a while...

0190759403525.jpg

All the hits...PLUS!

Is this with or without meatballs?