• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

71v4-fLmyNL._SX525_.jpg

Disc 2

2 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Helio Alves - Trios (Reservoir, 1998)

R-6596845-1550621481-4467.jpeg.jpg

A beautiful album. I'm also very impressed by Nilson Matta on bass - a player I want aware of before.

Yes, Matta is an excellent bassist.  :tup 

Edited by HutchFan

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Outstanding (probably still underappreciated) platter ....

I also have the Mythic Sound CD "Writin´ for Duke" with the unissued tracks from that session.

There is a wonderful version of Duke´s "I Got It Bad", maybe the only time Bud played this. 
Maybe the choice of drummer Kansas Fields is not the best one. They better would have used Kenny Clarke, who always played with Bud in Paris all the years.

The "Bud in Paris" has very fine stuff. "Dear Old Stockholm" sounds great, and I don´t think Bud played it on many other occasions. "Jordu" is great and Bud played it on some occasions in NY after his return to the States. 

Herunterladen (2).jpg

Edited by Gheorghe

7 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I also have the Mythic Sound CD "Writin´ for Duke" with the unissued tracks from that session.

There is a wonderful version of Duke´s "I Got It Bad", maybe the only time Bud played this. 
Maybe the choice of drummer Kansas Fields is not the best one. They better would have used Kenny Clarke, who always played with Bud in Paris all the years.

The "Bud in Paris" has very fine stuff. "Dear Old Stockholm" sounds great, and I don´t think Bud played it on many other occasions. "Jordu" is great and Bud played it on some occasions in NY after his return to the States. 

Herunterladen (2).jpg

Also housed and beloved here .... so there are at least three Mythic Sound sets in Vienna (the third with forum member "Black Saint") .....

8 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Also housed and beloved here .... so there are at least three Mythic Sound sets in Vienna (the third with forum member "Black Saint") .....

"Black Saint" ? I´m here for several years but can´t remember .....

I got my Mythic Sound set from Claude Schlouch, and after Paudras´ death another set from Carl Smith

13 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

"Black Saint" ? I´m here for several years but can´t remember .....

I got my Mythic Sound set from Claude Schlouch, and after Paudras´ death another set from Carl Smith

"Black Saint" is a long time member, but post rarely .... I bought our Mystic Sounds sets at the Virgin Megastore Champs-Élysées Paris in the late 80`s (btw which was flooded with japanese import CD`s at that time) .... those were the days ....