• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The upcoming Bootleg Series had me reach for this. 

"Jokerman" is just such a great track. Of its time but has it's own specific charm with the guitar sounds and their blend.

IMG_3012.JPG

Bob Dylan "Infidels" Sony Blu-Spec CD2 edition. 

Edited by jazzbo

R-4121680-1465380265-4131.png.jpg

The Louis van Dyke Trio/Quartet

from 1964... read an interview with pianist Louis van Dyke somewhere where he told the story of how he could get the best b/dr team in the Netherlands (Jacques Schols/John Engels), the former rhythm section of the legendary Diamond Five because the Diamond Five had run their own jazz club for a while and that ended with everyone being heavily in debt - so a somewhat more commercial job was appreciated... An album of waltzes, in 3/4 time, with half the tracks played with a trio and the other half played with a quartet (adding Carl Schulze on vibes), 3 and 4... on some level, that says it all...

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

R-1125282-1203901991.jpeg.jpg

The way Bowie makes not-so-obvious connections obvious -- and how he synthesizes and reinterprets swathes of musical history in a personal way -- it's brilliant, astounding, magnificent.Or, you could say, I like it a lot.

Same here ....

R-4729243-1452717208-7790.jpeg.jpg

Ruud Brink - Teach me tonight

the Dutch Stan Getz on his debut album, recorded way to late around 1970... I love how that cover says "I don't have long hair, I just didn't see the hair dresser in a while", it's a ballad album... you can see him here propery dressed doing the Getz in the Getz Gilberto thing

Ruud Jacobs (of that recent Sonny Rollins tape) is on bass, Wim Overgaauw on guitar, Pim Jacobs on piano (and moderating the show, sorry it's bossa nova, not jazz), Brink on tenor and the Brazilian guests Astrud Gilberto singing and Dom Um Romao on drums... (interesting that they sent her around the world with just a drummer) ... it's the former Wessel Ilcken band, except that after his death there was no regular drummer anymore

Edited by Niko

4 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

:tup  :D

Is the content from NPS (Netherlands) broadcasts? What is the label?

Thanks

I think so? The label, I can't recall...it came out in that year or so. I bought it right away, jammed it really good, and then put it up for the next time. It's a pretty good record!

3 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think so? The label, I can't recall...it came out in that year or so. I bought it right away, jammed it really good, and then put it up for the next time. It's a pretty good record!

https://www.jazzarchief.nl/winkel/

you can buy it here, it's certainly worth it,... winkelmand is Warenkorb.... but if you just write a nice email in German they'll be able to handle it...