• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

If ever an album deserved a good reissue, there you have it. One day, hopefully

I actually dreamt it had been reissued last night and that is why I listened to it. 

25 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

If ever an album deserved a good reissue, there you have it. One day, hopefully

Maybe Abdul Wadud's By Myself first though. 

30 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I actually dreamt it had been reissued last night and that is why I listened to it. 

Maybe Abdul Wadud's By Myself first though. 

How about on the same day. Possibly my top two.

Do your dreams ever come true?

Paul Brusger - Go To Plan B (Consolidated Artists Productions). This was listed in this thread a while back and the lineup intrigued me, Cuber & Hicks in particular. Very well done date. I ordered another of his titles (on Steeplechase) that was listed here as well and I'm waiting for that one to come in. If it's as good as this one, I'll be a very happy camper.

Go to Plan B - Paul Brusger | Credits | AllMusic

26 minutes ago, bresna said:

Paul Brusger - Go To Plan B (Consolidated Artists Productions). This was listed in this thread a while back and the lineup intrigued me, Cuber & Hicks in particular. Very well done date. I ordered another of his titles (on Steeplechase) that was listed here as well and I'm waiting for that one to come in. If it's as good as this one, I'll be a very happy camper.

Go to Plan B - Paul Brusger | Credits | AllMusic

It caught my attention too for the exact.same reason. They're two musicians who you never turn down. The two of them together...

I'd have liked Hicks a bit higher in the mix, is my only comment. It feels like a sax/drums duo at times.

Detroit Black Journal Presents: Detroit Jazz: Ancient to the Future, a 1981 one hour special about Detroit jazz musicians, the special examines how modern day jazz grow out of traditional African art forms such as dance, storytelling and music. Guests on the broadcast include Marcus Belgrave, Hal McKinney, Leon Thomas, Betty Carter, Donald Washington, Faruq Z. Bey, J.C. Heard, Dave Wilborn, Count Basie, Howard Sims, Chuck Green, Jimmy Wilkins, Barry Harris, Donald Byrd, Robert McCabe, Ken Cox, Roy Brooks, Ed Nelson, Spencer Barefield, Ernie Rogers, Archie Shepp.