• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

southern-horizons-free-form-abstract-3-l

... so as far as I can tell, the Jazzland LPs Southern Horizons and Free Form were never reissued on CD by Fantasy? Strikes me as odd, because IMO there was already a revival of interest in Harriott by the mid-to-late 1990s, when Fantasy was reissuing so much of the label catalogue under their purview, and they could have paired these albums together on one CD, as they did for so many other artists. 

:tup:tup

Lee Konitz and Matt Wilson - Gong with Wind Suite (Steeplechase, 2002).

R-5900961-1405880327-7247.jpeg.jpg

I'm re-reading the Konitz interview book at the moment. It's weird what happy vibes he has about this one. Certainly an enjoyable release, but it occupies a disproportionate amount of space in his recollections about his career, compared to all the other great records he put out. 

Edited by Rabshakeh

6 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

southern-horizons-free-form-abstract-3-l

... so as far as I can tell, the Jazzland LPs Southern Horizons and Free Form were never reissued on CD by Fantasy? Strikes me as odd, because IMO there was already a revival of interest in Harriott by the mid-to-late 1990s, when Fantasy was reissuing so much of the label catalogue under their purview, and they could have paired these albums together on one CD, as they did for so many other artists. 

Might be because these were originally Lansdowne Series productions from the UK with Jazzland given US rights at time of original issue. Lansdowne Series ownership went to Universal.

Edited by sidewinder

11 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

Four Classic Albums - Tadd Dameron | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Great, I have them all. The first one, is that live (I only know the Milestones double album "Fats Navarro with the Dameron Band")? And I have a Musidisc "Tadd Dameron-Fats Navarro" mistitled "Birdland 1949" (actually "Royal Roost 1948). And of course the studio stuff , All the Savoy and BN Material. 

From the 1956 records I love most "Matin Call". 

The last thing "Magic Touch" , I have some difficulties with it. IMHO it´s more "smooth" than the great Dameron of the 40´s , and I really miss Dameron´s piano. He had that special style of his own, but I think that at that time (60´s) he was already so ill he couldnt finger the piano anymore, like Mingus on "Me Myself an Eye" where he couldn´t play bass anymore). 

1 hour ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

Breakfast with

Sir Waziri Oshoma & his family - T S makers - Decca (West Africa)

R-11831932-1523128577-5147.jpeg.jpg

Ami Koita - Tata sira - Bolibana

R-9836047-1487097369-4830.jpeg.jpg

Charles Williams - Trees and grass and things - Mainstream

R-4657958-1581162423-3397.jpeg.jpg

The sleeves are coming out wrong.

MG

Welcome back MG, nice to see 'breakfast with...' selections once again

4 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Is there a physical version of this available?

I don't believe so, not on the BC page at least.

Its a nice document, not the greatest SQ, bit boxy